None of that New Year, New Me type of stuff. More like New Year, Same Me, but improved. I, like everyone else love the New Year for the simple fact that we get to start anew. Turn over a new page, chapter and get a do over. Kind of inspiring in a way, no? 2016 was an unforgettable year. I did the most traveling, networking, and met a lot of people who inspires me. 2017, I’m praying will be a year of continued growth, and success for us all. I wanted to take a moment to share some of my goals here:
- Read more: I read more last year than any other year in my adult life, and I loved it. I hope to continue this streak. I’m hoping to read at least 6 books this year. This isn’t a high number, but I like to be realistic. If I happen to read more than 6 books, that will be amazing of course. If you’d like to read books I read in 2016, read it HERE.
- Be more responsible with my finances: I didn’t save as much as I would’ve liked in 2016. This year I’m more inspired to continue my minimal lifestyle to save for the important things. As much as I would like to wear more designer items, I’m learning to keep my priorities in check.
- Resist impulse: in effort to succeed in goal number two, Ive found that Id have to work harder to be more responsible financially by resisting impulsive trips and purchases. In as much, as I’d love to travel more and attend more natural hair events in 2017, I’m reminding myself of what really is important during this season.
- Maintain healthy hair: My goal this year is to grow my hair out while maintaining health. In as much as I want to see how long my hair can grow this year, healthy hair is most important.
- Grow in my faith: I have to admit, that I don’t read my Bible as often as I’d like. I pray and have my come to Jesus on the daily, I’d like to set more time on actually reading my bible and reflecting on the verses for a deeper understanding.
- Grow my blog and Instagram: 2016, I blogged less, and made the most money from my blog. I’m really learning that quality over quantity matters. There will be no fluff post on the blog. If I’m not inspired to post, I wont be posting and thats okay. I will, however, engage more with readers here and on instagram because you guys make instagram and blogging a lot of fun.
- Drink more water: I know what you’re thinking, “really, Jewel?” Yes, really. Drinking water is SUCH a struggle for me. If you know me personally or follow me on snapchat you probably know this. Drinking water helps with healthy and clear skin, hair growth, less headache and so much more. I purchased the biggest Tumblr known to man from Target to assist in my goal of drinking more water.
These are a few of the things I’d like to improve on this year, but most importantly I pray for continued growth, success, authenticity, and intergrity. You know, the things that truly matter.
So tell me, what are some of your new years resolutions?